Wednesday 25 July 2018

Back on Broughton Down.

Last years visit to Broughton Down in Hampshire was marred by  very changeable weather.However this year the sun was shining and temperatures exceeded 30 degrees celsius.Following reports that several Silver-spotted Skippers were seen recently on the Down I decided to make the trip from the Isle of Wight.My optimism was somewhat dampened however following an encounter with another Silver-spotted enthusiast who was just leaving the Down.He had only seen one skipper,so I was wondering if I had timed my visit too early this year.I am very glad to say that after some searching I managed to see three Silver-spotted Skippers,more in fact than on my trip last year which was almost two weeks later.












View of  the Down southwards from the 'Plum Pudding' tumulus


No comments:

Post a Comment