Wednesday 15 April 2020

Garden Orange Tips.

Butterfly sightings in the garden have been disappointing so far, with only several Small White and a passing Holly Blue.However, I have a impressive honesty plant in flower at the moment and I was hoping that this would attract the Orange Tip.So at the weekend I was pleased to see a male flying around the garden.Unfortunately he was in a hurry and with other things on his mind he quickly passed on.Two more visits of male Orange Tip's that day had the same result, so I feared that my flowering plant would not be a success.
I did not need to worry as today a female Orange Tip took great interest in the flowers and laid eggs among the blooms.





2 comments:

  1. Great that you have managed to see a few butterflies in your garden. Last year we had a bumper crop of Garlic Mustard and this year there are plenty of Orange Tips. However, there is hardly any Garlic Mustard, so I don't know what they will do. I will have to get hold of some Honesty for future years, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,I always appreciate your comments,thanks.
      Very interesting to read your 2019 butterfly roundup.Let us hope that we will all be able to get out and about soon.

      Delete